How To Get Tight Curls ft. Aidette Cancino
Waves and curls are amazing enough as they are. But if you're interested in creating a more striking hairstyle that will certainly make you stand out from the crowd, then dramatic tight curls are perfect for you.
Here's a quick tutorial from one of our ZALA influencers, Aidette Cancino!
How To Get Tight Curls
Surprisingly, it's actually not that hard to create dramatic tight curls that can command the attention of the room the moment you walk inside. All you need is a curling wand and some hairspray, as well as a lot of patience, and you're done!
Disclaimer: In this tutorial, Aidette used a13mm curling wand to curl her hair, but it's perfectly possible to use ZALA's own 4-in-1 Cosmo Curling Wand as well. If you're going to use the ZALA Curling Wand, use the 18mm barrel to create similar results. The curls won't be as tight, but they'll look just as gorgeous – guaranteed!
What you need:
- ZALA 4-in-1 Cosmo Curling Wand
- Start off by spraying a heat protectant hair product on your hair. This is to lessen any damages caused by the heat tool that you'll be using. In Aidette's video, she used a hairspray specifically used for "maximum-strength hold that lasts for up to 24 hours." It helps shield hair from any environmental issues that may cause it to lose its curls too early.
- Once you're done with that, start curling your hair from the top part down to the bottom. Aidette started out by curling all the hair framing her face.
- When you're done curling that area, you can then proceed to the next. Tie the top part of your hair first while you curl the rest of your hair on the bottom part.
- With the top part of your hair out of the way, it's time to spritz some more hairspray! Just like the first time, this is to ensure that your curls will really stay on your hair for as long as you need them to.
- Start curling your hair again, picking up where you left off. If you missed any spots, or if your hair failed to curl at certain areas, now's the time to go back and curl them again.
- When you're done, don't forget to scrunch up your hair gently to make them look scrunchy and more voluminous.
- Don't forget to add some finishing touches to complete the look!
If you'd like to see the video for yourself, you can check it out below:
Did you like those curls? Stay tuned here at the ZALA blog for more hairstyle tips and tutorials!